Ginger is known for its spicy flavor and its ability to help with minor gastrointestinal issues. However, ginger has also shown promise as an effective anti-inflammatory agent. If you are considering adding more ginger into your diet or supplement regimen to improve your health, there are several ways to go about it.
Here are 4 ways to improve your health with Ginger (number 1 is the best and easiest way)
4- Take ginger supplements.
- Stomach Troubles. If you are dealing with nausea, gas, or other types of indigestion, then taking 1g of ginger each day may help you to feel better. You can divide this amount into multiple doses taken throughout the day, such as two 500mg doses or four 250mg doses.
- Pregnancy nausea. If you are dealing with nausea from pregnancy, then you may get some relief by taking between 650mg to 1g of ginger daily.
- Arthritis pain. If you have pain caused by arthritis, then taking 250mg of ginger four times per day may help.
3- Make some candied ginger
If you really like the taste of ginger, but prefer it on the sweet side, then making your own candied ginger is a great option. The process is not difficult, but it is a bit time-consuming.
- Peel and slice 1 cup of fresh ginger root. You can slice the ginger however you want. Just keep in mind that larger pieces will take longer to dry.
- Combine 1 ½ cups of water and 1 ½ cups of sugar in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Then, add the ginger to the pot, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, use a slotted spoon to place the ginger on a wire rack. You will need to let the ginger dry on the rack overnight.
- Store the ginger in an airtight container in your pantry for up to three months.